Saturday, October 17, 2009

September's Retrospect

September began with a bang! Robert and I went to see Peter Frampton!!!! It was probably one of the best shows I have ever seen.... EVER! Not only did he still have 'it' (well, not the trademark 70's hair), but I think his talent has only increased over the years. I had forgotten what an amazing musician he is. I'm only bummed because I didn't bring my better camera with me. Next time I will.

DSC02179
DSC02243

Using his famous 'talkbox'
DSC02274

Robert and I got home very late that night, but it was worth it!

On the 12th, we brought Sarah to her first Red Sox game. We also brought our friends' son, who also was going to his first Sox game.

Jordan, Robert & Sarah
IMG_0857

Sarah & me
IMG_0861

We had a 2 hour rain delay, not actually for rain, but in anticipation of rain.
DSC09386

Josh Beckett was on the mound that night
DSC09419

And the boys gave him some run support
DSC09470

Me going to a Sox game and not getting a pic of Big Papi is like going to a game and not cheering your fav team on!
DSC09488

But in the 6th inning, the rain finally came down for an actual rain delay
DSC09515
DSC09519
They finally called the game just before midnight, and we won, 9-1.

What happens when William gets a hold of Mom's camera? Let's see... he will take pictures of:

Steve's car
DSC09523

The view from the sliding doors
DSC09527

His ball
DSC09530

The view from the side sunroom window (and even got his reflection!)
DSC09534

The destruction he leaves in his wake
DSC09536

His Star Wars sticker book
DSC09539

The bottom of his foot
DSC09541

And the rocker-recliner
DSC09546

Then Robert discovered he had the camera and ended his fun.

On the 19th, Robert and I entered a 5K to benefit the Brattelboro Walk-In Clinic It was a challenging course with hills but what a great way to start our day!
IMG_0886
IMG_0887

It's definitely a run we will do next year. You've got to love a run that after the raffle numbers are drawn, they ask, "Did everyone get a prize? If not, there are plenty left over; come pick something out. And don't forget to take a loaf or two of bread home!" The bread, by the way, was donated by The Vermont Bread Company and was yummy!

Stay tuned for October ;)