Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I've been celebrating Mother's Day all weekend. Jim & Steph came down yesterday and I made a huge batch of Tonkatsu, rice and Inari-zushi for dinner. Just as I was finished with the cooking, Steve's buddy Josh stopped by and we invited him to stay, teasing him that he had perfect timing.

There's nothing better than having a big dinner around the table, good food and the company of family. The only thing that could have made it a perfect dinner would have been if the entire family had been here. The laughter that accompanies our family dinners is such an endearing sound.

Today I went shopping with the girls... Brittany & Sarah. We needed to go to the craft store to buy some jewelry supplies, and somehow we spent about six hours out & about. Fun fun!!!!

Mariko called me while I was out shopping. It was great to hear her voice~ it's been too long. Med school sure keeps her busy. I'm so proud of her.

Friday William brought home some papers from school. Among them, his paper on reading a clock. I was so happy to see how he did!
WM_time

He also brought home the Mother's Day card he made for me~
outsidecard
and the inside~
insidecard

It's been a great weekend.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies reading this!