Thursday, December 13, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I am finally home. I've had a nice hot shower and Robert made us some sandwiches and hot tea.
My hands hurt from gripping the steering wheel all the way home; it's been a long time since I had a white knuckle drive, even though I have an all-wheel drive. It took me about an hour to get to the dealership this morning, cruising along the highway (we live in the boonies, remember.. and I don't like the local dealership or service department that is closer); it took over 3 hours to get home once they put a new clip on to connect the fuel line to the fuel filter. I had to stop a few times to get the ice build up off my wipers. I went slow and steady, and scoffed at the signs that warned about ice and snow ahead and that the maximum speed limit for the time was 45mph. I never even got above 35 on the way home... half the speed I was going on the way down this morning. I think those that were going the 45mph maximum were the cars I saw going off the road down into the medians.

I'm home. Safe. Warm. Still pissed about the clip. Hey, they fixed it, and then gave me certificate for a free oil change next time. And they apologized profusely. While I was in the waiting room, the tow truck guy came back ~ he brought back the bag I accidently left in his tow truck. That was nice. I wonder if he would have if I hadn't have given him a tip when he dropped me off at the service office? Probably.. he was a nice kid.

Oh, and the last time I stopped to wipe the ice off the wipers, a couple guys across the street from the gas station wolf-whistled at me. I told Robert when I got home. He said, "Why not? You're hot". okay.... except at the time I had a scowl going that was as deep as the Grand Canyon. He laughed and said my scowls are never that deep. And he was tickled that a couple young guys whistled at me. Men!

And finally, William was thrilled when I came home. He was soooo happy I was finally home.





Because he had left his Woody doll in my car and he missed him.

I'm home.