Monday, December 10, 2007

Tagged with a Christmas Meme

by my good friend at Mauzy's Musings. Thanks Jan... and I do not say that in a sarcastic way. This will be fun to do.
What is your favorite thing about the Holiday Season?
Reminiscing over the past years, and knowing that it is getting close to my anniversary! Taking time while decorating the tree to remember when, where and who made the special ornaments.

What is your favorite Holiday Memory?
In my childhood, the thrill and excitement of getting gifts, the noise of our family, and one year, having to explain Christmas to my Japanese cousins.

What is the best gift you ever gave?
So many! I try to pay attention during the year to find that special gift for each person, and from the looks of joy on their faces, I think I hit the mark pretty well. I think I did well a couple years ago when we gave Mariko a sky-diving trip for when she was in Australia.

What is the best gift you ever received?
A Christmas Eve wedding eleven years ago. I was so busy making my wedding gown and veil, decorating the tree was the furthest thing from my mind. So one night while I was busy in one room sewing, Robert and Mariko came up with the idea of decorating the living room with Christmas lights instead of getting a tree. With all the colorful twinkling lights strewn along the walls and diagonally across the ceiling, it was easy to forget there wasn't a tree in there! When they had me come look, I was so choked up!

A close second is the Christmas I was pregnant with my first child. Unmarried, living at home, not sure just how my parents felt (were they just accepting the idea because they loved me, or were they genuinely supportive of my situation?), and they let me know in the most subtle way. I unwrapped an empty photo album~ Baby's First Photo Album.

What is your secret Holiday Wish for this year?
If it's a secret, why should I tell? Hee hee hee...

My wish is that those of us who are traveling over the Holidays arrive safely at our destinations, have a grand Holiday, and then arrive home safe and sound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I'm going to tag.... Big Dawg, Cathy, and Snuggle Puppy's mom.

What is your favorite thing about the Holiday Season?
What is your favorite Holiday Memory?
What is the best gift you ever gave?
What is the best gift you ever received?
What is your secret Holiday Wish for this year?