Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Head Blogging

I write blogs in my head. That is to say, I come up with entire blogs in my head, while I'm doing things that of course, are inconvenient to stop doing so I can grab my computer and type them out. Things like: washing dishes (no way is my computer getting that close to water), driving the car (I dislike even talking hands-free on my cell phone), snuggling with one of the kids or laying there next to William as he falls asleep, taking a shower (again.... the whole... water... thing), putting my makeup on, or in those moments of trying to fall asleep.

Naturally, by the time I have the free time to access my computer, all those wonderfully written thought-blogs have been filed away (maybe not filed so much as tossed into a pile) in the clutter of my mind. So, today, on my way to town, I thought about my kids. Okay, I think about my kids nearly ALL of the time, but driving along today, the old Mother Goose rhyme popped into my head~

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay.

I began thinking about which days my kids were born...

Monday's child is fair of face ~ Doug, my 4th child is a Monday child. Handsome young man he is too.

Tuesday's child is full of grace~ Jim, my oldest was born at 2:01am on a Tuesday. He is charming, forgiving, and has been a blessing.

Wednesday's child is full of woe~ Oh, that is soooo Sarah!!!! She thinks she has it so tough (most kids would love to have it as tough as she does, lol).

Thursday's child has far to go~ hmmm, I didn't have a child on Thursday!

Friday's child is loving and giving~ This would be Mariko, my 2nd child. The one who is going to medical school.

Saturday's child works hard for a living~ My 3rd child, Stephen~ fits this perfectly. When I offer to pay for something, he turns me down and says he has enough that he earned. Well, he lets me pay for his college and he lives here rent-free.

But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay. This would be my youngest, William. My happy-go-lucky, smart, loving, little boy.

How funny is it that I never had kids born on the same day of the week?

By the way... I was a Friday's child. Robert was a Thursday's child... did he have far to go? Yes, when he drove from Texas to Massachusetts to be with me!

What about you? Your kids? Find out here